Starting an Upholstery Project and Need Help Identifying What Steps to Take?
I can help you with identifying and understanding the beginning steps of upholstery and in the process assist you in building a life skill and making your environment aesthetically pleasing for you and your family.
Where to Start
You just moved in your new place or you want to redo your existing space. You received furniture items that are not really your aesthetic, you don’t know where to start with making it your own. Here are some questions you need to ponder.
- What color palettes are you drawn to. Color palettes create intention and how things will look .
- How do you feel about the chosen colors you decided upon.
- Consider the activity level in your home.
Fabric and Furniture
- Understand what type of fabric you will use to cover your items.
- If you have children and/or pets consider fabric that does not need a lot of attention.
- Look for fabric with durability and stain resistant.
- Easy to clean.
Wish List – Look Book
To give yourself a starting point
- Look through your favorite magazines.
- Look at Pinterest to get some ideas.
- Put together a look-book on your phone or get a notebook and do an old fashioned cut and paste from the magazines.
- Set aside an hour of quiet time after you have gotten things settled for the day and start your process.
Does the idea of upholstery frighten you. Don’t be. You have to start some where. Making your upholstery project an expression of you is your end goal.